Views:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Best of 2010

The annual top 10 moments of 2010 in the life of Nick Barcelona:

10. NickBarcelona.com
Finally, a .(dot) com with my name. It made it easier to search for me. I was at int3rlud3.com, but I always have to correct people the "E"s are "3"s. I have higher traffic now than on my myspaceblogs (rip) and int3rlud3.com

9. VIP with Dame Grease
You all know Swizz Beats, but do you know his master? Dame Grease gave me an opportunity to shoot with him for promos. We partied it up crazy. Got picked up from school in a Limo. Had a whole mushroom pizza to myself, met Swizz, clubbed hopped like crazy. Fun day/night. Good payout.
Photobucket

8. UCR Heat
I really liked it this year. Got to mosh and metup with new peeps. Good shit. The TBS show was epic.
Photobucket

7. Fulbeck. Barcelona. = The Dream Team
I got a future gig with the ultimate hapa. Once again networking pays off. Expect something in 2011 or 2012 from us.

6. RC in California
Cousin from Illinois came through. We went to Guastis and I had the best skilled of my life. I also had a grand shit that day too. Good times with family

5. Mariel's Debut
My sister is 18. Oh no.


4. Anaheim Film Fest
TJC hooked it up with press for an event. It was awesome. Sweet wine and Valentin Zukovsky or Hagrid to you HP fans

3. Vegas
Went with the Cerritos girls. You know if you spell check "Cerritos" it becomes "Burritos" Anyway. I did it up VIP style for a week. My manang Charmaine hooked it up. Summary: I won 3x, first time I blacked out, said some stupid things that led to terrible things, got blindsided and bloody, tried being a pick up artist, ate oxtail soup, tried a naked sushi buffet, wasted a lot of money, tried new drinks daily, footlong cheeseburger

2. The Contest
The opportunity to let me shoot as many models I can within a time frame with using limited lighting is the type of challenge I enjoy. I found most my models at the nightclubs I shoot at. Competition is nearing an end, I am still giving it all I got. I want to be a contracted photographer. They make like $500-$2k a shoot...and that's only 4 hours. Even if I do not win, I have more confidence now in my shooting ability. I also learned many important tips during this journey such as the different types of people and the importance of networking.


1. The Lito Sy Experience
Me and a couple of lucky photographers got the opportunity to work with Lito Sy. For those that don't know, he is one of my favorite photographers. This workshop was intense and everyone around me had waaaay more shooting experience than me. However, I didn't back down and I stood my ground to gain the respect of the other masters. I learned to look for inspiration everywhere and find my own style. I hope to work with the master again in the future. This was a stepping stone that engraved in me that photography is my other passion.


Honorable Mention: 
Kevin Fernandez Downs a Beer