Over the weekend I had an opportunity to work with my favorite photographer, Lito Sy. This is Lito Sy's first international workshop, so I am honored to be a part of this. Thank you everybody who donated and made this the best bday gift ever! I started following Mr. Sy after I saw his first infared print; I was amazed, so I then converted my Nikon D60 into an infrared also. I've only shot a handful of weddings as an assistant, but never as a main shooter. I tried imitating Lito's work, but failed miserably because of my lack of technique. There are only a few photographers whose work I follow:
Lito Sy - The Master
CM Leung - The wedding Guy
David Hobby- The Strobist
Todd Owyoung - Music Guy
Dustin Diaz - Strobist
Trey Ratcliff - HDR Mastery
Chase Jarvis- What makes Seattle tight
Roger Lim - Bokeh Master
Art Wolfe - A wolf who shoots stuff
Zack Arias - The DIY guy
Scott Kelby - Photoshop Master
Tony Yang - Best models and lurk shots
I know I'm not that great of a shooter and only consider myself as a hobbyist, but I really wanna step my game and shoot better. Mr. Sy really knows what's down when creating a moment and using various types of lighting to achieve perfection. It was intimidating seeing so many pros with high end cameras mixed with a rookie (Me) thrown into a group of people who been shooting before I was born. This is only the first of the series, the next would be better. Plus, I am the youngest of the group and I still have lots to work on; I am learning something new everyday. My shooting and post processing needs plenty of work. It was great meeting new people and a foreshadowing of a future opportunity to work with Master Sy on an international basis. I wish I can form an ultimate photo team using all my favorite shooters, but that's too intense. The workshop was a great experience and I learned so much. At other meetups or workshops most of the hosts and participants are really cocky and bias. This hands on learning experience was really humble and more active than other workshops I've attended. Anyways here are some various shots. I large watermarked them, because I rarely post portfolio style images on my blog:
Textured layers
Defocus control
Robert Pattison and Olivia Munn. hah
Maia with Lou Razon's dress
Here is how the days went:
Day 1:
Note Taking on poses
Tamara
Lito demonstrating the wedding ring bible technique with the use of Lowel Light
Day 2:
The Master
Ping announcing the photo contest. A signed photo of Manny Pacquiao he took after the Clotty fight. Congrats to Katsi who won the competition. I never had a chance. haha
Moment
Fishy
Lost scene
Day 2 meal
Apple and Cheese work:
Post Processing work + slaving flash
The Experience
I was there
I know there are way better younger photographers than me. I just gotta do my thing and they do theirs. This opportunity was a blessing and my interest has grown even greater. My appreciation for photography continues to grow. A doctor by day and photographer(hobbyist) by night. I'm not giving up...