Views:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm Haunted By This Lomograph

Everyone knows I loathe the idea of manipulating and enhancing photos by photoshop. I think it's cheating, but at the same time it is necessary. For example, you shoot something really cool like an exploding dolphin, but some guys hand is in the frame. You gotta crop that piece out. I learned some interesting photoshop techniques, but I do wish to take a formal class one day. Some of the stuff the do is amazing. Check out some of the youtube vids of people using photoshop to make fat people skinny, ugly people into beauties, dogs into cats, cats into humans, earth into a fat person, etc etc. Photoshop is necessary for this generation. Although I like do manual settings for my contrast and saturation on my camera, there is so much more to unlock when combining a photographer's eye and a personalized post production studio. Enough of my rambling...here are some old photos done in LOMO style.(high saturation + vignetting) It's pretty interesting.

Carne Asada Fries
Photobucket

Rubix
Photobucket

Grass
Photobucket

Caty Cat
Photobucket

Sukiyaki
Photobucket

Bdays
Photobucket

Old People turning to stone
Photobucket

The Windy City
Photobucket

Josephine's
Photobucket

"Thieves in the Night"
Photobucket

How high?
Photobucket

DOC
Photobucket

"Coffee and Snow"
Photobucket

Mallcore
Photobucket

Graduation
Photobucket

Radiance
Photobucket

Supreme
Photobucket

Weddings
Photobucket

Paradise
Photobucket

Watering Falls
Photobucket

"A World Without You is My Existence"
Photobucket

We make out own trails now
Photobucket

Roomies
Photobucket

Tiff
Photobucket

Triple Threats
Photobucket

Taps
Photobucket

Room of Interlude AKA Int3rlud3 AKA Nefan Barquelle AKA CaptainSiopao AKA LegendaryLoner AKA TocinoDude AKA Tenken AKA Hearshot Kid Disaster AKA iSuck@Life AKA Neek AKA The Itinerant AKA Nick Barcelona AKA Nicky Barkz AKA The Kawawa AKA Romulus Prose AKA Gan Ning AKA Bastard 7! AKA PhotobyNick AKA UMASA AKA etc etc etc
Photobucket

Flowers
Photobucket

Neighborhoods
Photobucket

Mars Forever 21 shoot
Photobucket

Hall
Photobucket

Lurks
Photobucket

UCSD
Photobucket

Championship Meal
Photobucket

Mammoth Bread
Photobucket

Women
Photobucket

Gazebo
Photobucket

Nights of picking lint from your navels
Photobucket

Debuts
Photobucket

Crab used for homepage image
Photobucket