Views:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 21, 2009

50mm Comparisons.

I have 2 50mm lenses.
The 50mm f/2 Non-Ai from my Nikon FM and the 50mm f/1.8 D (aka Nifty Fifty). I'm planning to get a 50 f/1.4 soon, but I'm still debating if I should get the 50 f/1.2 which is manual focus.

This is my 50 f/2 which I used for film. Still works flawlessly, but I have been spoiled by AF
Photobucket

Shot with 50mm f/1.8 D @ f/1.8
Photobucket

Shot with 50mm f/2 @ f/2
Photobucket

50mm f/2 with converter
Photobucket

The Challenge:
50mm f/1.2 = $500


vs.

50mm f/1.4 D = $300


I'm seriously leaning towards the 50f/1.2. According to Rockwell it is the sharpest 50mm lens. but for modern cameras the 50f/1.4 is cheaper and more useful. I could prolly find one for about 220 on KEH. I'll take some time to think on this...