What is a HID? At first I thought is was the acronym for Hot Import Daze, but there is a deeper meaning to that. Human Interface Device? Himalayan Institute of Development? Historical Imagery Declassification? High Iodine Diet? Helium Ionization Detector? Hazardous Installations Directorate? Harvard Identification Number? Headache Insomnia Depression? He Is Dead? Heavy Ion Detector? Hypertension In Diabetes?
All Wrong. HIDs are High-Intensity Discharge (I should start calling diarrhea this) lights. I did a shoot in Costa Mesa a couple days ago for my good elementary school buddy and his kickass family. Mikey made some badass pasta. It was a lot of fun learning and meeting like minded individuals. I honestly have very little experience shooting cars. At night it was even tougher because of the differences in color temperature. The main focus was on the lights, so I did what I can. I am not a great car photographer nor a photoshop expert. I incorporated my portrait photography in the scenes. Most of images are straight from camera.
Caravaning
"These kids today, they have nicer cars than me"
Setup
JJ
Lights
First Formation: Australian formation
Orderly scattered
Initial
Final
Rodney Villareal
Miker
Mobil