My cousin asked me to shoot an event for UCI's Hawaiian Club. This is the 19th annual event, so you know it means business. The event was similar to PCN, but included dinner provided by Rutt's Cafe. I didn't get to eat anything because I got really caught up in shooting. Entertainment was provided by Da Band, Jadaiko, and JAM. The event ran out of food quick and the turnout was greater than anticipated. Congrats guys! Cultural events always have a spot in my heart. I also caught up and shot with my 760 buddy Chris of Taha Photography, he's UCI's top photographer, people just don't know it yet.
I took about 1000 shots. Event was from 5-10pm, then it was off to Heat Ultra Lounge where they played Macklemore all night. Awesome. Here are some randomly assorted Luau samples:
Manong Chris and Cari
Centerpieces
Soundcontrol
The Food. Mad Styrofoam setups
President
The ancient Hawaiian says...
Skits
Alumni
I really dig the surreal look, so I shoot at faster shutter speeds. It is a matter of opinion though. A lot of people say it's too dark. I say it's more natural.
808th pic about the 808 state
2010
Take a bow
Na 'Opio O Ka 'Aina. Ke Welina Nei I Ka Halawai Hou
Chris getting lei'd
The last Hurrah. A master and his students.