Views:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fire That We Make in the Dark

This year's Heat @ UCR was splendid. For the first time in years rain wasn't associated with the event. Plus, the 3-stage setup drew in much larger crowds as well as a feeling of accomplishment. The Highland Stage (main stage), The Southland Stage (underground stage), and the Vantage Dance Stage (dance floor). Throughout the weeks I've been contacting with Media/Press registration. It appears that the Press for the event will only be supplied with wristbands and it is not guaranteed that I will be able to pass the barricades. On another note, SLR registration is $300! Paying for press for an event is not worth it. Contacted the boys of FM if they have any ways of letting me in, but their request was denied as well. Ultimately, I settled on being a regular fan equipped with Panasonic's Leica. I would have preferred the Canon S90 with the larger aperture of f/2.0, but on such short notice that was all I can get.

Having Highlander Blood in my veins, I picked up Julie from work to rendezvous with her friend. We attended a Pre-Party before the event. I met some pretty awesome people, including an Irish dude. Good Times. After the event I hit up another party, but that's a story for another day.

Info
Photobucket


Fire @ Danny's residence
Photobucket


Highland Stage (main stage)
Photobucket


The women of the evening: Larissa, Julie, Lauren. LJL accompanied me on my quest for musical experience
Photobucket


We danced for like an hour or so. Hit up some underground stuff and danced again. Then went to see TBS, slowly inching our way closer to the stage. I feel naked without an SLR, so camera shots are limited.

Cheating.
Photobucket




Taking Back Sunday.7th-8th grade jams. How nostalgic
Photobucket


Fremont!
Photobucket


Thresh|Hold!
Photobucket


Tell All Your Friends - 2002 was their best album
Photobucket


Used the green light as a light source. Point and Shoots are getting way better this day and age. I think I need to get one too.
Photobucket


"we won't stand for hazy eyes anymore" . You Know How I Do
Photobucket


"You're a lush, and I hate it" . You're So Last Summer
Photobucket


Ended up moshing
Photobucket


Trails
Photobucket


Photobucket


Make Damn Sure. Everyone was surfing
Photobucket


Attempt to make a bracketed HDR on point and shoot. haha
Photobucket


Calm down Lazzara
Photobucket


How close is close enough?
Photobucket


Danny's awesome shoes
Photobucket


Thee Steve Aoki
Photobucket


Park
Photobucket


Thought the orbs were cool
Photobucket


Bell Tower with Calamansi
Photobucket


Dance Floor
Photobucket


Lazy dancers
Photobucket


Party is over
Photobucket


Thanks dudettes
Photobucket