High Dynamic Range or HDR utilizes the unseen potential withing each DSLR. There is a greater range of detail that the normal eye could not register. Normally this is done with a bracketed exposure, meaning 3 or more images taken at different exposures and merged into one son of a beast. Although the images look mega exaggerated, this breakthrough style of photography can instantly transform the shooter into a painter. Most of the shots here are from RAW files which were tone mapped accordingly. I like to alternate between shooting jpeg or RAW. I specifically only use RAW when I want to make a print of an image. Although they are composite photos, it is only recommended to use certain HDR shots when certain items such as the end of a dark tunnel is unable to be revealed in plain sight. It is also entertaining to shoot for fun and learn new stuff. etc etc. They make awesome desktop background pics too. Other better than mine samples
here.
The Cousins @ Two Lakes
Chestnut
Lionsault
J. Calacz
Queen Mary
LB From Signal Hill

I increased the normal size of my images, just so the details can be enhanced.