This entry is pretty late, but this was Aquarium of the Pacific's Photographer's Night. I got in for free so I didn't mind. The event was pretty decent. About 300 people rolled through and celebrated with a night of exchanging shooting stories and throwing bullshit out there so people can be impressed. I am not a Photographer. I totally dropped the whole "photography" tag on my images because it is too cliche. I will only consider myself a photographer when I achieving the golden ratio image with the help of the Fibonacci sequence. For now, I am just a hobbyist with a passion. A lot of people were there for the competition and there were some heated arguments between Canonites and Nikonians about comparing gear and things. I sided with no one. Both are great companies and it doesn't matter about your gear. It's how you shoot. The new fresh out of high school hypebeasts who dive directly into the scene and purchase the most expensive gear are the most ignorant. Start with the basics first. The newer cameras actually make you more stupider if you rely on it to much. Overall, I met some great new people. Event was fun and I can't wait for the next.
I actually came in before the event started. Watched some Starfish porno, she got drilled pretty hard.
I forgot my polarizing filter so I got mad reflections on the glass
Fish live the most interesting lives. What sucks it they're confined to an aquarium, while the rest of the world is 75% water
Good with peanut butter
"Excuse Me. I'm looking for the fun farm"
The best Nikon cameras/lens available for rent
No scrubs
This ray thinks he can survive on land. What an idiot.
Moon Jellies
Hahaha
Everyday go to schools
11 Deep
Found Nemo. There...there...there...there....there...
Cardcaptor Sakura
I wish I brought my tripod. I wanted to look all cool too
The Event starts
Mad Pros. Almost everyone here was anti-Flickr. The reason? It's too much like myspace now and people keep posting shitty images. Just because you have a nice camera doesn't mean your a pro. Plus, Flickr is misleading because people put they are pro, but really they have no hardcore shooting experience
Crowds.
What's up dude?
Get in my belly
Sabrine Maui in Bottom Feeders
The eyes.
My pictures get stolen a lot. People don't know I have a digital watermark on my images. I don't know if I should do the whole no right click thing, but there's always ways to go around it. Feel free to take them, just ask though. I have higher resolution ones available. Getty images took one of my images and gave photo credit to someone else. I was really pissed. More on that later.
Tree Frog. Get out of this aquarium! it is for fish. you are not a fish. You used to be, but you cannot relive the glory days.
Stinky land
Dragon Horses. Nocturnal Bad assess
Some scuba dude doing a rant on underwater shooting. He actually noticed I carried a film camera with me also.
The foot.
At this moment getting lots of comments about how dedicated I am for bringing a film rangefinder to the event. Most people never stepped in a darkroom
Starfish with mumps
Clever way to hide speakers. I want this in my room, my birthday is coming up.
Delicious
I was getting hungrier as time passed
Light demo using pocket wizards or wireless flash
Coral
Raver
Looked like Aquaman's house
Awesome
Mad smiles
Seahorse orgy
McDonald's Sweet Tea is only $1
Planet Earth
Ugly fish
Creeper
Little Killers
Chasing the dragon
Doing a film shoot
Bracketed HDR shot. Didn't really mess around. Just kept it as it
Lighthouse
HDR 2. Too much exposure on sky. bleh
End Meal