Views:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 18, 2010

7 months later...

Read More if you want to hear me ramble about expensive stuff:






I haven't had a real stable job this year. Photography this year has been hard on everybody because new younger shooters buy the best gear and replace all the old timers. So basically it's been whatever I can get. My list of wants/needs has grown exponentially. I'm a budget shooter and I've always been content. I'm investing on skills more, but all the gigs I've had lately demand for better equipment. With these I hope to build my skills to the next level. Take a look:

D300s: So I can get the best out of my DX lenses, I would get a D3s, but that has to wait until I mad save up. Fullframe is out of the question until I get a good paying job.


MB-D10: Battery Grips are always good. Plus, it looks cool.


New Computer: I'm running on a desktop made in 2002, laptop that can't keep up with my photo files, and netbook that has been hackintosh'd. I am willing to just use the new desktop for media purposes. Dual screen would be cool too.


Nikon 24-70 f/2.8: An all-around lens for me. I could use it for anything. The price is what kills me though.


Nikon 70-200 f/2.8: I've rented this so many times. I actually need to buy one. Still expensive for a cheapo guy like me.


Alien Bees Ringflash: Looks good for the type of portraits I wanna do. I might get this first before anything on this list.


Vagabond II: Battery pack. So my studio can go mobile. With this + ringflash I'll be unstoppable.


Sadly...this is all like $8k total. That's about 6 months of nonstop saving excluding food and necessities. When adding necessities it would take me about a year. Limit buying clothes, eat out less often, drive less take train, stop buying useless things (damn you ebay, thinkgeek), stop buying film (take a year off using the darkroom), stop spoiling the females, try to win at gambling. For starters, I'll start with the ringflash + vagabond, then computer, then camera, and finally lenses. I'm not spoiled like the majority of kids my age with cameras. Donations to the Nick Barcelona "Stuff I want" fund will be gladly accepted.